Why is yak wool so good?
Yak wool is hollow, so air is trapped within the individual fibres. It is also fine, so air is trapped in between the fabric too. When spun into fabric, it offers an unrivalled combination of warmth and breathability, comfort and durability. It is also able to keep the body cooler when the temperature rises and its natural moisture wicking properties mean it dries quickly. It is also naturally odour resistant, so you can wear it for multiple days without needing to wash it. All of these benefits mean our fabrics make great activewear for use in different conditions.
Why do you use other wools and fabrics?
Yak wool is rare speciality fibre and is found exclusively in some of the more remote and inhospitable places on Earth. Combining it with merino wool means we get the best of both worlds by enhancing the resilience and durability of our pieces. By adding other eco-friendly technical fabrics we increase the functionality of our collections and we ensure that they are fit for purpose. We improve the wicking and quick dry abilities of our lightweight pieces and we add extra weather protection to our mid-layers, for example the Xenolith is an ideal mountain sweater as we have combined with Polartec® Alpha® insulation.
What is the difference between your fabrics?
Five are designed to be worn next to the skin:
- Yushu: 230gsm. Our next-generation base layers combining 60% premium yak wool with 40% superfine merino in order to improve durability.
- Neema: 160gsm. Our lightweight base layers combining 40% superfine merino, 40% Coolmax polyester with 20% premium yak wool
- Shola: 230gsm. the world’s first (and still the only) performance base layers collection made with 100% Premium Yak Wool. We will not restock Shola, so this is only available whilst stocks last.
- Bamboo: 220gsm & 270gsm. Activewear and base layers our responsibly sourced FSC certified bamboo offers natural UPF-50+ protection from the sun. 90% bamboo, 10% spandex.
- Hemp: 158gsm. Soft on the skin but very strong, hemp's natural benefits include a resistance to bacteria which helps to reduce odours. It uses very little water to grow and doesn't deplete soil of nutrients, making it kind to the planet. 55% hemp, 45% organic cotton.
Three are mid-layers:
- Stratam: 350gsm. Created to layer over our base layers, Stratam mid-layers have been designed for warmth and comfort and offer exceptional breathability using a mix of 56% premium yak wool, 42% DuPont™ Sorona® and 2% elastane.
- Yardang: 240gsm. 30% premium yak wool is used to supercharge merino as a super soft lightweight mid-layer.
- Bamboo: 270gsm & 400gsm. Everyday and activewear, our thicker bamboo fabrics are naturally warm and moisture wicking. 90% bamboo, 10% spandex (270gsm) or 40% bamboo, 60% organic cotton (400gsm).
Can I machine wash my kora?
Yes. We recommend placing garments into a washing bag and using a cool wash cycle, 30°C. Please check the care instructions on each garment before washing.
Can you help me to find the right item for my needs?
We would love to help! Please email us at email@example.com.
Placing an Order
Can I check out as a guest?
We do not require customers to set up an account, although by doing so you will be able to login to see your order history.
What payment methods are available?
You can pay using a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card or via PayPal.
What is the shipping cost?
You can see a full list of shipping costs here.
How long will my order take to arrive?
Shipping timescales but please see our shipping page for an estimate. Please note that if you ordered more than one item your order may be fulfilled in more than one package.
What is your returns policy?
Please read our Returns Policy here.
How can I return an item?
If you would like to return an item please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to pay import tax and duty?
We calculate taxes on your order according to your shipping destination and will itemise them on your order confirmation. If you’re placing orders from outside the European Union, you’re responsible for paying any import duty and tax that may apply to your order. You’re also responsible for checking if there any other local customs regulations that may apply to your order. We recommend checking with your local customs authority before you buy.
Can I sign up to your newsletter?
Please do. You can sign up here.